Nov 13, 2008

Pomegranate Salad

Every year around the holidays I look forward to all the yummy things we get to eat. One of my favorite things to eat is Pomegranates. Each year we make Pomegranate Salad. My mother started this tradition when I was just a young girl. I remember her opening them up and seeing how red and juicy they were. It has turned into our little tradition in my own family. Each year my kids seem to enjoy it even more. Pomegranates are full of antioxidants and are very good for our bodies. Best of all they taste great. We enjoy eating this for breakfast or dessert.
Pomegranate Salad

3-4 Pomegranates
2 11 oz. can of Mandarin Oranges
2 Chopped Apples
1 Can of Pineapple (any kind)
Miniature Marshmallows (optional)
Cool Whip

Prepare the pomegranates by sectioning the fruit. Remove the fruit and place into a bowl. Add oranges, apples, pineapple and marshmallows. Add Cool Whip just before serving. Enjoy.

0 comments: