Nov 24, 2008

Day Before Mashed Potatoes

The Holidays can get so busy I found this recipe a few years back and I thought I would share it with you. It makes cooking on Thanksgiving morning much easier. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

9 potatoes, peeled and cubed
6 ounces cream cheese
1 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon garlic (optional)

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Drop in potatoes, and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Transfer potatoes to a large bowl, and mash until smooth. I like putting them in my mixer to make the super smooth and creamy. Mix in the cream cheese, sour cream, onion powder, salt, pepper and butter. Cover, and refrigerate 8 hours, or overnight.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
Spread potato mixture into the prepared baking dish, and bake in the preheated oven about 30 minutes.



0 comments: