Nov 14, 2008

Food Storage Friday

Chicken Fried Steak

One of my favorite thing to eat in this whole wide world is chicken fried streak. I have no idea why but I love it! I love the way it tastes and the yummy gravy that comes with it. Sense I love it so much I had to learn how to make it. When I first thought of making this dinner, I thought to myself it has to be hard. I am here to tell you that it is not! If you will follow my simple recipe you too can make delicious chicken fried steak at your house.

Chicken Fried Steak:

Chopped Round Steak
Eggs
Water
Flour
Bread Crumbs
Salt and Pepper
Oil

The ingredients will be different for each person depending on the amount of people you are cooking for. I didnt put an amount for these. You will just need to guess and add additional flour or bread crumbs.

The first thing you will want to do is mix some eggs together. for my family of I usually use 4 eggs. Add a little bit of water (about 1/8 cup) and beat them together. I then take my chopped round steak and dip it into the egg wash. I get it coated on both sides. I have found that if I just use my hands the steak will not fall apart as easily.

I then transfer the steak into my flour. I like to put salt and peper in my four.
I use whole wheat flour that I grind fresh. Make sure that each side is coated well.


Then transfer this back into the egg wash and coat it with eggs.

Then transfer this into your bread crumbs. I like to use a 50/50 combination of Italian bread crumbs and McCormick® French Onion, Pepper & Herb Crusting Blend. The Crusting Blends are new. They have only been available for about 6 months. I have fell in love with these. They also have two other flavors.

Garlic lemon and rosemary
Italian herb and Cheese.

You will want to make sure that the meat is covered with the bread crumbs. I can smell it now.

Once your steak has been covered with bread crumbs it is ready to be cooked. I like to brown my steaks in a pain with a little olive oil for a few seconds on each side to get that brown yummy look. It is not neccisary.

Then place all the steaks onto a cookie sheet. I like to line my sheets with parchment paper for an eaisier clean up. Place in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 min. Serve with yummy mashed potatoes and brown gravy. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Bob and Jenn Peacock said...

That looks really really good! I have never made that at home before.

Kessiah Kitty Katniss said...

I just ran across your blog doing a search for magic mix. It looks great! Please keep sharing your great ideas! I'm looking for ways to incorporate my food storage more often.

Carrine